To ensure your group is covered by Keep Australia Beautiful Council (KABC) insurance during cleanup activities please note and download the following documents.
1. Risk Warning – All volunteers need to read this document before filling out the volunteer registration form. Usually this would be in display at your registrat
2. KAB Volunteer Registration form – All volunteers at your site must complete this form for insurance purposes before commencing any clean-up activities. If you have a large group or want to save printing, please contact us to receive a pre-printed pad of forms or direct your volunteers to our online form. (Contact us to receive a spreadsheet of your group registrations before the first event).
Note: This form only needs to be completed before the first Adopt-a-Spot clean-up. Once we have this record, we only require volunteers to record their name on the sign on sheet before clean-ups. Please ensure you collect all forms and return them as a complete set to Keep Australia Beautiful for our records.
3. Sign on Register for Volunteers – All volunteers must sign on and off for clean-up activities. Please send the completed form to KAB.
4. Accident/incident form – Please report injuries as soon as possible
5. Request for Volunteers form – This form is an agreement between KABC and you which allows us to provide insurance for the volunteers. This will be emailed to you separately. Please read, check details, sign and return to KAB prior to the first clean up event. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This information is specifically designed to assist you to review your site safety and plan to manage any risks. This task should be done before commencing any clean-up activities
The data you collect on the clean-up days is very valuable to us and will also assist you in understanding your site better. Please make time at the end of your Adopt-a-Spot clean ups to complete the online form or the green reporting card that will be supplied to you
This booklet was developed for KAB general clean-up activities, but has some useful information for aspects of your Adopt-a-Spot clean-up activities. Besides reinforcing safety information, there is also information on rubbish removal and recycling, promoting your event and first aid.